Resources & Support
What is KinderTEK?
KTEK is an iPad app that provides individualized and customizable math instruction to young students in an engaging and fun virtual safari. Students develop the math skills they need to meet Common Core State Standards and excel in future learning. KTEK’s reporting tools explain and describe students’ math strengths and weaknesses, and educators and parents can adjust KTEK instruction and learning environments to fit individual student needs. Read more about KTEK.
How can I get KTEK?
What content is included in KTEK?
KTEK teaches and provides practice and assessment in whole number concepts (specifically addressing three of the five kindergarten common core mathematics standards). Learn more about the KTEK curriculum.
Is KTEK aligned with the Common Core?
Yes! KTEK is aligned with the Kindergarten Common Core Standards.
Does KinderTEK work?
What grade is KTEK intended for?
KTEK will fit seamlessly into kindergarten classrooms. It is also appropriate for preschool children, Grade 1 students looking to improve one or more early math skills, and as an additional support for Grade 2 and Grade 3 students who continue to struggle with early math.
Who can benefit from KTEK?
- who would have fun and gain confidence demonstrating math proficiency in a virtual environment
- who struggle with early mathematics
- who could benefit from additional practice and fluency-building
Preschool / PreK students
- who would benefit from exposure to numbers and early mathematics in an engaging game-like setting
- who are ready to tackle kindergarten math content in a systematic way
Grade 1-3 students
- requiring intervention in early math skills
- who need additional exposure to English math vocabulary
- who lack one or more early math skills
- Wanting high quality, engaging content for school iPads
- Seeking effective, cost-efficient supplemental math instruction, practice, or assessment
- Interested in monitoring students’ math understanding
How can KTEK be used
- KTEK may be used independently by young children (recommended age 4-8) without Internet connectivity. It’s a FUN educational app to turn to when a child needs a break from siblings, a parent needs to prepare dinner, or the family is stuck in a waiting room.
- Multiple children can have their own learning accounts so that their KTEK experience is specific to their individual learning needs.
- Parents can allow children to “explore” KTEK content on their own or follow the recommended learning sequence.
- KTEK may be used as part of core instruction, as an intervention for students struggling with mathematics, or as a reward activity.
- Young students can successfully and independently use KTEK (e.g., during seat work, centers, free choice, small group instruction, intervention periods, during indoor recess, and outside of class time).
- Educators can choose between Basic (no Internet connectivity required) or Pro (subscription-based data services; Internet connectivity required) version. Compare KTEK implementation models
- To meet specific learning goals and students’ needs, teachers can allow students to choose KTEK activities or complete the step-by-step learning sequence. Soon, teachers will also be able to direct students to particular lessons.
In preschools or daycares, or after-school programs?
- Young children can use KinderTEK for fun exposure to - or practice with – early mathematics
- Children can work independently or in small groups
- Teachers or center directors can choose between Basic (no Internet connectivity required) or Pro (subscription-based data services; Internet connectivity required) delivery. Compare KTEK implementation models
- For small group work, we recommend Exploration mode or the soon-to-be-released Directed mode; for individual work, we recommend Sequenced or Directed modes.
What if my school or district enrolls in KTEK pro after my students have used KTEK basic? Can we preserve their learning progress?
Yes! Contact us before making the switch.