How do I logout of my teacher account?
If a teacher wants to "logout" so that their email doesn't show up anymore and so their students can't login,
- Login to manage users
- Tap on the info icon on the bottom left
- Select "Teacher Logout"
Why do my student end at different times when their session is set to the same time?
The time is set at the start of login. The app is also designed not to start an activity or item if there is no time to finish it and will let them finish what they've started even if time runs out. That slight difference for the start time along with small variations in activity flow will adjust their end times.
Why does the session say 0:00 in the time left but the activity keeps going?
KinderTEK is designed to let the student finish the problem they are working on even if the time runs out.
Why can't I log in to 1 particular iPad? The others all work?
Every instance we have seen, connectivity issue has been the culprit. That particular iPad gets kicked off the WiFi, looses connection or is connected to a school account that requires the teacher reconnect on a regular basis. Often times, the iPad does not alert you.
Short term solution: to log back in to the school's internet.
Long term solution: contact the tech department in your district to see if there is a more stable internet solution. Often times, it just requires different log in credentials.
What if my school or district enrolls in KinderTEK pro after my students have used KTEK basic? Can we preserve their learning progress?
Yes! Contact us before making the switch.
How can KinderTEK be used in preschools, daycares or after-school programs?
- Young children can use KinderTEK for fun exposure to - or practice with – early mathematics
- Children can work independently or in small groups
- Teachers or center directors can choose between Basic (no Internet connectivity required) or Pro (subscription-based data services; Internet connectivity required) delivery. Compare implementation models
- For small group work, we recommend Exploration mode or the soon-to-be-released Directed mode; for individual work, we recommend Sequenced or Directed modes.
How can KinderTeK be used at school?
- KinderTEK may be used as part of core instruction, as an intervention for students struggling with mathematics, or as a reward activity.
- Young students can successfully and independently use the app (e.g., during seat work, centers, free choice, small group instruction, intervention periods, during indoor recess, and outside of class time).
- Educators can choose between Basic (no Internet connectivity required) or Pro (subscription-based data services; Internet connectivity required) version. Compare implementation models
- To meet specific learning goals and students’ needs, teachers can allow students to choose KinderTEK activities or complete the step-by-step learning sequence. Soon, teachers will also be able to direct students to particular lessons.
How can KinderTEK be used at home?
- KinderTEK may be used independently by young children (recommended age 4-8) without Internet connectivity. It’s a FUN educational app to turn to when a child needs a break from siblings, a parent needs to prepare dinner, or the family is stuck in a waiting room.
- Multiple children can have their own learning accounts so that their KTEK experience is specific to their individual learning needs.
- Parents can allow children to “explore” KTEK content on their own or follow the recommended learning sequence.